Local Activities‎ > ‎

Rapier Combat

Date: Tuesdays

Time: 6:30pm-9:00pm

Place: Frontline Church, 737 SE 89th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73149

Light weapons combat is an SCA form of combat used toward the end of the Middle Ages. Loaner gear is available, just bring your athletic cup. We have items to outfit several fighters at once! For new visitors who want to explore Rapier fighting you can come watch, ask questions. If you want to dive into the experience of fighting we have loaner armor, weapons, and other parrying devices for you to try out. We have plenty of experienced fighters that can teach you a few things about how it feels to fight rapier. A love donation will be taken at each time and it is encouraged for use of the indoor facility. Please no black soled shoes.

Please park in the church parking lot across the street.

Possible changes and cancellations may happen due to conflicts or severe weather, in which the center may be closed for the evening. Updates are announced on the Baronial mailing list or Salle Facebook page.  

Thank you!

Cut and Thrust

Cut and Thrust is still pretty new to our Kingdom but we have a great base in the Northern Region. There are new experimental rules for helmet padding http://marshal.ansteorra.org/experiments/. Please check out these requirements!

Northern Regional Practices 

Northern Regional Practices are to get us ready for larger events like Gulf Wars and Pennsic. They are put on the the Northern Regional Commander with help from local groups. Please check out their Facebook page for more information.

Next Regional muster is 26th of August Highland Park in Guthrie.

Combat scenarios range from 1:1 tourney style up to 600 vs 600 war melees! Check out the event ad and/or website to see what type of fighting scenarios are being done at the event so you are ready. 

(Typically is 1:1 tourney style unless it is a war or melee event)

Authorization cards

Need a replacement? Click here to print or have your fighter authorization card e-mail to you.

Has yours expired? Contact an authorizing marshal, but go ahead and take the forms with you, just in case they don't have any!

Temporary authorization & Authorization submission form

Authorization form must be submitted to the Marshallate Secretary.

For more information, contact the Baronial Rapier officer, whose information can be found on the officers page.